Personal jug in saggar fired ceramic by Queensland based artist Made of Australia.
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Made OF Australia creates unique, modern, unglazed ceramic art and homewares. Made OF Australia practices & promotes traditional, slow design techniques to create completely natural & thoughtfully produced items to cherish forever. Their hands-on techniques put substance, life & quality into every piece made.
The modern day evolution of the Saggar Firing method achieves Made OF Australia’s unique & unrepeatable surface finishes. This method deliberately traps organic materials inside the ceramic ware for the sole purpose of making marks. Made OF Australia have expanded upon this process with signature firing methods; foraging for only indigenous Australian organic waste materials & native Australian flora to make marks on the surface of the work. These ingredients are often seasonal, & their chemical compounds can change with climatic conditions & foraging areas. Just some are:
- Eucalyptus & Casuarina leaves & fronds
- Blackbutt, Tallow, & Redgum bark
- Wattle, Banksia & She-Oak flowers, berries, seeds, & foliage
- Pandanus, Quandong & Kutjera fruit
- Bunya & Macadamia nut, husks, & shells
- Dugong sea grass, kelp & various seaweeds
- Cuttlefish, seashells, calcified ocean plants & corals
- Emu & Crocodile eggshell
- Magpie Goose & other native bird feathers
- Discarded skins from reptiles & arachnids
- Scat from wombat, kangaroo, wallaby, pademelon, emu & koala
Dimensions: H 120 x D 60mm
Materials: Saggar fired ceramics
Care Instructions: Hand wash only with warm soapy water
Due to the handmade nature of the products dimensions may vary on individual pieces.
Purchases from our shops directly support individual artists as well as our unique exhibition and training programs.
Handmade in Australia.